- Teachers must call the LMC before issuing a pass to ensure the Library Media Specialist can accommodate the student. (x3110)
- Substitute teachers cannot issues library passes to students.
- All passes must contain date, time, teacher name, purpose of visit, and expected time for students to return.
- In order to schedule classes in the LMC, teachers must contact the Library Media Specialist (LMS). Teachers can e-mail, call, or stop by the library.
- The teacher and LMS jointly schedule class time in the library. Additional class time can be scheduled as needed.
- Teachers that need to utilize the lab for word processing, etc. can do so subject to library lab availability. Call, e-mail, check the library calendar or stop by to check for open times.
- The library media specialist is available to collaboratively plan units with the teacher. Collaborative plans are easiest to accomplish utilizing the backward design process. I.E. teachers must have in mind a topic and a product (paper/project/presentation) that the students are expected to produce. The LMS will give suggestions and guidance to teachers to incorporate research skills, information and technology literacy standards into the unit.
- Teachers must remain in the LMC during these scheduled visits.Teachers are responsible for content, while the LMS is responsible for research /information / technology literacy skill building.
- LMS is available to aid in student product evaluation.